I am a Norwegian academic who writes about terrorism and jihadism. I work as senior research fellow at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI) in Oslo. In the menu above you will find links to my publications and other resources. Follow me on Twitter if you like.
- New article: “Weeping in Modern Jihadi Groups“, Journal of Islamic Studies (published 14 September 2020)
- New working paper (with Neil Ketchley): «Measuring Terrorism» (posted 9 September 2020)
- New op-ed: “Why Jihadists Loved America in the 1980s“, The Atlantic, 6 March 2020
- New Book: The Caravan: Abdallah Azzam and the Rise of Global Jihad, Cambridge University Press (published 5 March 2020)
- New op-ed: “The Mysterious Assassination That Unleashed Jihadism“, History News Network, 24 November 2019