I am a Norwegian academic who writes about terrorism and jihadism and dabbles in programming. I work as senior research fellow at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment (FFI) in Oslo. In the menu above you will find links to my publications and other resources. Follow me on Twitter or Github if you like.
- Article: “Resistance Is Futile: The War on Terror Supercharged State Power“, Foreign Affairs (24 August 2021)
- Book review essay: “Foreign Fighters and Cheese Bells“, Texas National Security Review (2 August 2021).
- Working paper: “OCR with Tesseract, Amazon Textract, and Google Document AI: A Benchmarking Experiment” (24 June 2021).
- Report chapter: “Gulf States”, in David G. Lewis and Aniseh Bassiri Tabrizi, “Regional Powers and Post-NATO Afghanistan“, NDC Research Paper 20 (Rome: NATO Defence College, June 2021), pp. 57-60.
- R package: dair: OCR with Google Document AI in R (4 March 2021). Released on CRAN 11 June.